Surprise, surprise, this is ANOTHER favourite from childhood. My mom makes the best Chinese dinners with sweet & sour pork or chicken, Shanghai steak, fried rice, and egg foo-yong. I do try and replicate her magnificence when we have Chinese dinner evenings but we all know, Mom’s is the best!
2 small baby cabbages sliced
1 medium onion peeled and sliced
1 carrot scraped and julienned
Handful frozen green beans
Salt and pepper to taste
1ml soya sauce
- Place the cabbages, onion, carrot and beans in pot.
- Add water to the pot and bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes and drain. The vegetables must be al-dente.
- Whisk the eggs and add the salt, pepper, sugar and soya sauce.
- Add the vegetables to the egg mixture and fry in an oiled pan over a medium heat.
- Divide and turn the segments of the egg mixture and fry until cooked through.
Submitted by: Val Olsen, Johannesburg