We know we should eat more of certain foods and less of others but it can all get a bit confusing. This easy to understand guide will make it easier to keep track.
The food pyramid is a nutrition guide suggesting how much of each food group you should eat each day for a healthy diet and to maintain a healthy weight. In general terms the food pyramid recommends the following intake of different food groups each day and serving sizes based on a 2000 / 2200 calories per day diet.
- 6-11 servings of grain such as rice, bread, cereals, and pasta
- 3-5 servings of vegetables, especially green, leafy vegetables
- 2-4 servings of fruits
- 2-3 servings of meat, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts, or beans
- 2-3 servings of dairy products including cheese and yogurt
- occasional use of fats, oils, and sweets
Pingback: Back To Basics | Grace Gibson