This is a brilliant recipe for when you have guests staying over and don’t want to to a big fry up for breakfast the next morning.
8 hard boiled eggs
4 slices stale bread
Herbs of choice
Butter for frying
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks and chop (not too finely).
- Grate the bread.
- Thinly slice the onions and fry in butter until soft.
- Layer the egg whites, yolks, onions and bread crumbs, herbs of choice, salt & freshly ground black pepper in a flat ovenproof dish.
- Pour the cream over and bake for 20 minutes.
Submitted by: Nic Prinsloo, Clarens