This onion tart is a great dish for casual gatherings and functions when serving “finger” foods and works well cut into squares and is super yummy served warm from the oven and also at room temperature.
1 roll puff pastry
6 large onions
1 tin ideal milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the pastry into a medium sized baking dish.
- Peel and slice the onions and boil for 5 minutes until soft.
- Drain well and add the butter, ideal milk, salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs and stir into the onion mixture.
Pour over the pastry shell and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until set.
Submitted by: Val Olsen, Johannesburg