These potato cakes are yummy enough to be a meal on their own and are a great accompaniment to any meal.
Rustic Potato Cakes
6 medium potatoes
2 extra large eggs
6 spring onions
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper to taste
20ml fresh parsley
Oil for frying
- Peel, chop and cook the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes roughly.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the potatoes.
- Finely chop the spring onions, garlic and parsley and add to the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place large spoonfuls of the mixture into an oiled frying pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius