The quantities for this salad depend on the amount of people you are feeding and you can substitute any of the ingredient layers and add sweet chilli sauce to the mayonnaise mixture for a bit of a kick and serving it in a glass bowl shows the layers really nicely.
7 Layer Salad
Bacon chopped and fried
- Place a layer of torn lettuce leaves in a bowl.
- Add a layer of sliced onion.
- Add a layer of sliced celery.
- Add a layer of sliced green pepper.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, yoghurt and balsamic vinegar to a thick pouring consistency and pour over the above ingredients.
- Add a layer of thawed frozen green peas.
- Add a layer of grated cheese.
- Crumble over the top some crisply fried bacon pieces.
Submitted by: Dee Richards, Sundays River