The tart is full of flavour and is wonderful as a weekend lunch or on a tea table for an afternoon with friends.
250ml cake flour
250ml grated cheddar cheese
125ml soft margarine
250ml cream or sour cream
1pkt mushroom soup powder
1 chopped onion
10ml olive oil
250g smooth cottage cheese
3 extra large eggs
250ml grated cheddar cheese or
125ml feta + 125ml cheddar cheese
Paprika to taste
- Mix all the ingredients to form a soft dough and place in a 2 litre container, and place in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Wash and cook the spinach.
- Mix the cream and soup and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Fry the onions in the oil until transparent and mix with the spinach, cream mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and half the cheddar cheese and pour into the base.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and paprika and bake for approximately 30minutes until cooked.
Submitted by: Pat Pashley, Sundays River