This is a super yummy recipe and is really quick and easy to make. For those brave ones, throw additional chopped small fresh green chillies in just before bottling. I always have a bottle in the fridge and on a lazy day enjoy it with a baguette for lunch.
Vegetable Atchar Pickle
1 medium cabbage shredded
3 carrots grated / julienned
250ml young green beans
15ml mustard seeds
4 dry red chillies
6 garlic cloves
5ml turmeric powder
- Blanche the cabbage, carrots and beans in boiling water for one minute and drain.
- Place all the other ingredients except the oil and vinegar in a pestle and mortar and pound roughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the pounded mixture.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and mix well.
- Add the vinegar and stir through.
- Bottle the atchar pickle in sterilised bottles and refrigerate.
Submitted by: Nanda Seebaluck, Mauritius