As promised, here is the first of the low GI recipes. This is a really versatile recipe and is super for lunch boxes for school and work.
Low GI Quiche Base
125ml oat bran
10ml mustard powder
45ml soft lite margarine
45ml ice cold water
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Spray a quiche pan with non-stick spray or 12 muffin tins (then you can use different fillings at once).
- Rub the flour, oat bran, mustard powder, salt and margarine together until the mixture forms breadcrumbs.
- Combine the egg and water and add 15ml of the egg mixture at a time to the flour mixture and mix to form a soft dough. Add more flour if the mixture is too sticky. Cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper and chill for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan/s.
- Fill with ham and cheese, asparagus, spinach and feta and a little bacon, or any combination of your choice. Alternatively combine 375ml milk with 2 eggs, salt and pepper to taste and pour into the base.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the quiche pan and 10 minutes for the muffin tins.
Submitted by: Desiree Visagie, Johannesburg
Pingback: Tweets that mention Low GI Quiche Base « The Complete Cook Book Blog -- Topsy.com
I become interested about GI after reading your older post! I love to try this recipe 🙂
Hi Tes. It’s great learning about and sharing new things. I will hopefully post a Low GI recipe about once a week. I hope you enjoy them all.