I am all for comfort food and easy food and this recipe encompasses both. I didn’t have any white cheddar so used yellow and it was equally as yummy.
500g hake fillets
1 packet white onion soup powder
Lemon juice to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
375ml fresh bread crumbs
250ml white cheddar cheese
125ml fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the fish in a baking dish.
- Combine all the other ingredients and pour over the fish.
- Combine all the topping ingredients and place on top of the fish.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
Serve with a crisp garden salad.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius