This is another great recipe for when you are entertaining a lot of people. It is much easier to serve a yummy meal like this, ensuring that you aren’t in the kitchen the whole evening cooking. Not everybody enjoys basmati rice so you can replace it with your favourite.
680g smoked haddock fillets
2 bay leaves
250g basmati rice cooked
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2.5ml curry powder
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful parsley chopped
Handful coriander chopped
4 eggs hard boiled
- Place the haddock fillets in a large frying pan with the bay leaves and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Remove the fish from the pan and when cool enough to handle remove the skin and flake the fish into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat then add the onion and garlic and soften gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, fish and rice to the pan and heat through gently.
- Add the parsley and coriander and stir through.
- Transfer into a serving dish and top with the eggs cut into quarters.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius