If you are using a whole chicken, have a look at my post on How to cut up a whole chicken. You need to prep this chicken a day before you are going to be serving it but it is well worth the effort and this is a great recipe to share with a couple of friends or family for a dinner.
1 chicken in portions
Half a bottle chardonnay
2 bay leaves
3ml olive oil
500ml chicken stock
5ml tomato puree
10 little onions
Salt and pepper to taste
- Let the chicken marinate in the wine and herbs overnight in the fridge.
- Fry the bacon in a little of the butter until crisp, then fry the mushrooms in a little of the butter.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry.
- Fry the chicken in the rest of the butter and the olive oil until golden brown.
- Add the flour and stir until brown, then add the stock and the brandy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including the wine marinade.
- Preheat the oven on 180° and bake for approx 1½ hours or until tender and done.
Submitted by: Raë Smit, Pretoria
Pingback: Tweets that mention Chardonnay Chicken « The Complete Cook Book Blog -- Topsy.com
This sounds lovely, I make something similar with cider, so will have to give Chardonnay a go.