This has to be one of my all time favourite recipes. It is quick and easy and has the most incredible moreish taste. I always joke and say that it is the “slimmers delight” – yeah right with coconut cream and cream! I have often made this magical meal for family and friends and they always want to know when I can make it for them again. My husband isn’t a big rice fan so I usually serve it with couscous as well as rice and pappadums!
Next time I make it, I think I will replace the chicken with prawns.
Green Thai Curry Chicken
2 large onions peeled and sliced
Green curry paste to taste
410g tin chopped tomatoes
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
410g tin coconut cream
6 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- Fry the onion in a little oil in a wok until translucent.
- Add the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper and reduce until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the coconut cream and cream and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken in handfuls into the sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius