I thought it best to balance my previous recipe with something healthier so here is a superb Low GI mustard chicken recipe to tickle your taste buds.
Low GI Mustard Chicken
5ml mustard powder
15ml cake flour
15ml canola oil
50ml low fat mayonnaise
200ml boiling water
500g skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Mix the sugar, mustard powder and cake flour together in a bowl.
- Add the oil and vinegar and stir well.
- Add the mayonnaise and water and mix well, using a whisk to form the sauce.
- Place the chicken pieces in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the chicken has browned and the sauce has thickened.
Serve with brown or basmati rice and a beetroot salad.
Submitted by: Desiree Visagie, Johannesburg