I seem to be going through a bit of a curry thing at the moment and as with all my recipes, quick and easy are always on the menu. Apart from the chicken, all the other ingredients I am sure are in all of our pantries. Pairing this lovely casserole with mashed potatoes and petit pois peas makes a nice change to rice.
Curried Chicken Casserole
8 chicken thighs
Salt & pepper to taste
2 onions peeled and sliced
25ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
25ml Worcestershire sauce
15ml apricot jam
10ml brown sugar
15ml prepared mustard
15ml curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Place the chicken into a casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and place the onions on top of the chicken.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius