Yet another recipe using some of my favourite ingredients. It’s not like you can go wrong by combining, bacon, garlic, mushrooms, chicken and cream plus some other yummy ingredients, unless you are a vegetarian that is. Then, sadly you are going to have to wait for my vegetarian chapter.
1 medium onion peeled & chopped
6 rashers bacon finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
4 chicken breasts thinly sliced
1 punnet button mushrooms sliced
2 tomatoes peeled and chopped
30ml tomato paste
125ml white wine or chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
250ml thick cream
- Fry the onion and bacon in the butter until the onion is soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cream and cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream and cook until the mixture becomes smooth and thickens.
Serve with your choice of rice, pasta or couscous.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius