This is guaranteed to be a hit with everybody in the family. These chicken wings leave your lips and fingers so sticky and wanting more! This recipe is equally as nice without the sesame seeds – you will just have to call it sticky chicken.
Sticky Sesame Seed Chicken
30ml smooth apricot jam
60ml soy sauce
Juice of half an orange
Juice of half a lemon
5ml ground ginger
3 garlic cloves crushed
5ml mustard powder
Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
45ml sesame seeds
18 chicken wings
- Blend all the ingredients and add to the wings, mixing so the pieces are well coated.
- Marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Place the wings on a baking tray and pour over the marinade.
- Bake for 20 minutes basting every 5 minutes with the cooking juices.
Serve with crispy chips.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius