This lovely quick and easy recipe is perfectly paired with potato croquettes and green beans.
Quails with Onions
Butter for frying
4 large onions
125ml liquid cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the quails in the butter until golden (not cooked through).
- Cut the onions into large chunks and place over the quails and cover.
- Turn the heat down to a minimum and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the onions are not over the quails but amongst the quails.
- Add the cream to make a sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Submitted by: Patricia Piper, Mauritius