A fellow blogger buddy Michael Beyer (Oishii) was recently looking for a couscous salad recipe and I promised I would post mine for him – I just needed the opportunity to make it again so I could put quantities to the ingredients – it’s one of those recipes I just make and never actually “measure” anything. We had family over for a braai (barbecue) this weekend so I jumped at the opportunity to make this delicious salad, as it is a great addition for this type of meal. The idea is to have the veggies al dente and its fabulous served at room temperature.
2 cups couscous prepared according the package instructions
2 cups cauliflower mini florets
1 large onion sliced
1 carrot scraped and julienned
2 cups broccoli mini florets
3 garlic cloves minced
1 inch piece ginger root minced
Juice of half a lemon
Salt & black pepper
- Get the wok really hot and drizzle in some olive oil, add and stir-fry the cauliflower for one minute.
- Add the onion and carrot and stir-fry for a further minute or two.
- Add the broccoli and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the couscous and squeeze over the lemon juice, salt and black pepper and stir all the ingredients together.