I doubt I will ever tire of eating this divine salad, then again, there is something about simple foods that really do it for me. I often feel the simpler a recipe is, the nicer it is. If I don’t have black bean sauce in stock, I make a balsamic and olive oil dressing, which is equally as yummy.
500g fillet steak
3 baby marrows (zucchinis / courgettes)
1 medium red onion
1 red bell pepper
45ml black bean sauce
60ml peanut oil
15ml lemon juice
- Fry the steak in a pan or under the grill for 15 minutes or until medium rare, turning during cooking.
- Set aside to relax for 10 minutes then cut into thin slices.
- Trim the ends off the baby marrows and slice lengthwise with a potato peeler.
- Peel the onion and slice thinly.
- Cut the pepper in half, deseed and cut into thick slices.
- Toss the baby marrows, onion, pepper and salad greens with the meat.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius