As promised, herewith the Hollandaise sauce to pair up with the yummy Hash Browns recipe from yesterday and don’t forget the poached eggs.
I don’t always have white wine vinegar on hand and use white spirit vinegar, it works equally as well, and remember to make your Hollandaise just before you serve as you cannot reheat it, it will go all thick and yucky.
3 egg yolks
5ml white wine vinegar
15ml lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Skim off the froth from the butter and keep the butter warm.
- In a glass bowl whisk the egg yolks and vinegar until light yellow.
- Add the butter a little at a time until it is all added and the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.