This is another dish that Nanda sends home for me from the office and it is divine. It is a super quick and easy meal to prepare so is ideal for any busy week day dinner. If you prefer your sauce a little thicker, you can stir through a little cornstarch just before serving. Enjoy this dish with rice or more traditionally with baguette.
Mauritian Chicken Curry
2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 punnet white mushrooms halved
8 chicken thighs cut into pieces
1 large onion sliced
4 large tomatoes roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
½ inch piece of ginger root grated
2 red chillies seeds removed and finely chopped
1 cup water
Coriander for serving
- Fry the potatoes in a little oil until tender and set aside.
- Fry the mushrooms until cooked and set aside.
- Fry the chicken pieces until just cooked and add the onion and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies and stir through.
- Add the potatoes and mushrooms and stir through.
- Add the water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
Submitted by: Nanda Seebaluck, Mauritius