This fabulous recipe makes 2 tarts and freezes very well. With a cup of tea on the side, it makes for a perfect afternoon treat.
Microwave Oven Milk Tart – Recipe 1
½ cup soft brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 cups milk
1 tbsp margarine
2½ tbsp maizena (cornstarch)
1 cup sugar
2½ tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cream the margarine and the sugar.
- Add the egg, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well and press into 2 tinfoil plates.
- Prick with a fork and cook on high/full power for approximately 3 minutes per shell.
- Boil the milk and margarine together on high for approximately 10 minutes (until boiling).
- Mix the rest of the ingredients to a smooth paste and add to the boiling milk and stir well.
- Return to the microwave for approximately 4 minutes on high, stirring once or twice.
- Pour into the shells and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Submitted by: Dee Richards, Sundays River