Unlike yesterday’s recipe that has a pastry crust, this recipe has a biscuit base and uses condensed milk – all the same, with a cup of tea on the side, it also makes for a perfect afternoon treat.
Microwave Oven Milk Tart – Recipe 2
1 tin condensed milk
3 tins milk (use condensed milk tin)
4 tsp margarine
6 dstsp maizena (about 100ml)
a little extra milk
1 egg beaten
1 packet tennis biscuits
- Mix the condensed milk, milk and margarine together and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes. (Times depend on the power of your microwave but have been averaged).
- Place a layer of tennis biscuits at the bottom of a large dish.
- Mix the maizena with a little milk and add the beaten egg. Mix well
- Add this to the hot mixture and microwave on high for at least 4 minutes, stirring after each minute. The mixture must be quite thick.
- Pour the mixture over the back of a spoon onto the biscuit base.
- Crumble a few tennis biscuits on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Submitted by: Geoffrey Applewhite, Sundays River