What a decadent way to start my Desserts chapter – a Pancake Stack – perfect!
(use your normal pancake recipe)
2 stacks of ten
Vanilla ice cream
500ml Carte d’Or toffee sauce *
200ml sour cream
15 bananas sliced diagonally
8 mangoes peeled and cubed or
2 pineapples peeled and cubed
6 soft pears cubed
3 punnets strawberries sliced or
any other berries in season
150g brown sugar
50g extra brown sugar
50ml lemon juice
200ml Carte D’Or toffee sauce *
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the margarine in a frying pan with the sugar.
- Add the fruit and allow to caramelise slightly.
- Remove from the heat and add the toffee sauce.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Layer the fruit with the pancakes making a stack of ten each.
- Sprinkle the last pancake with the extra brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt all the ingredients together and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pancake stack into wedges and add a scoop of ice cream
- Drizzle with the sauce.
* Carte D’or toffee sauce is available in gourmet shops.
Submitted by: Nic Prinsloo, Clarens