I love ending a meal with family or friends with a comforting pudding that leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzy, and this yummy individually made pud, does not disappoint.
Sponge Pudding with Caramel Butter Sauce
Caramel Butter Sauce
125ml soft brown sugar
100g butter at room temperature
120ml castor sugar
2 eggs whisked
320ml self raising flour
5ml vanilla essence
- Heat the cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease 4 or 6 ramekins with butter or spray and cook.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour, vanilla essence and enough milk to make a soft drop batter.
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a roasting pan and pour in boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Cover the roasting pan with a double layer of greased tinfoil, leaving enough room for the puddings to rise.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Turn the puddings out onto plates and serve with the sauce.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius