Aah, the smell of baking wafting through the house is always so comforting, especially now for those of you in the Northern hemisphere with the colder weather setting in. This tasty tea time treat is perfect for a winters afternoon in front of a roaring fire served warm with butter and a cup of tea.
Brown Ginger Loaf
500ml brown bread flour
4ml bicarbonate of soda
125ml castor sugar
1 extra large egg
125ml golden sugar slightly heated
125ml boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Spray a loaf tin with non stick spray.
- Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream the butter and add the sugar gradually.
- Add the egg and syrup and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the boiling water and mix well.
- Place in the tin and bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
Submitted by: Raë Smit, Pretoria