These have to be one of the best comfort and go to cookies for all occasions. They are velvety and melt in the mouth, all the while being light, and well, just perfect. When I do gift baskets of cookies and biscuits, these always feature.
180g soft butter
125ml icing sugar
5ml baking powder
160ml custard powder
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a baking tray.
- Press the balls down with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until light brown.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius