I promise this is the last of the Christmasy theme style recipes. These fruity cookies are a great alternative to having a Christmas cake available for family and friends who have popped in for a cuppa.
Cake Fruit Cookies
3 cups flour
10ml baking powder
2 cups sugar
10ml vanilla essence
3 cups fruit cake mix
185g butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and add the sugar and vanilla essence and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Mix the fruit cake mix, milk and melted butter and add to the mixture.
- Pat with wet hands into a greased and floured swiss roll tin.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cold.
Submitted by: Raë Smit, Pretoria