These incredible little biscuits are another perfect addition to your Christmas gift baskets and hampers and also look beautiful stored in a glass jar on the kitchen counter; oh if pecan nuts aren’t your thing, not to worry, you can replace them with your favourite.
Pecan Nut Biscuits
250ml pecan nuts
60ml icing sugar
5ml vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Finely chop ¼ of the nuts, reserving the remainder.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Add the chopped nuts and stir in the flour.
- Use floured hands to roll level teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Place the balls 2.5cm apart on a lightly greased oven tray.
- Press a piece of pecan nut onto each ball.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool then dust with icing sugar.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius