If there is one rusk recipe you have to try, this is it! Seriously! It has to be the most versatile recipe out there, which mean you can personalise it to suit your taste or mix it up for something different each time you bake them, so have fun mixing up the dry ingredients to what you have on hand or to what you prefer and every time the result will be a perfect rusk.
Worlds Yummiest Rusks
2 cups oats
1½ cups pronutro
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup muesli
2½ cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
30ml baking powder
250g butter melted
2 extra large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease two large loaf tins with butter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add the sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Add the oil, buttermilk and eggs to the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place the mixture into the tins and bake for approximately 45 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once the loaves are cool, cut them into fingers and arrange on a baking sheet and dry in the oven for 3 to 4 hours at 100°C.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius