I don’t know what else I can tell you about this Short Bread other than you just have to make it! It is a recipe that has been in my family for generations and will be for generations to come. There is simply no better recipe nor an easier recipe and it is perfect for Christmastime!
480g cake flour
120g corn flour
150g castor sugar
Extra castor sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Press the mixture into a baking tin and prick with a fork.
- Bake for one hour.
- While still hot cut into squares.
- Once cooled sprinkle with castor sugar.