It takes a lot to beat the comfort of eating a ginger biscuit with a cup of tea and this recipe does just the trick. It you prefer a bit more of a bite to your ginger biscuit, just increase the amount of ground ginger. These biscuits also make for a great homemade holiday gift for family and friends, which you can package with some other Christmastime treats like Fruit Squares, Custard Cookies, Fruity Biscuits, Date Balls, Pecan Nut Biscuits and Short Bread.
250ml white sugar
250ml golden syrup
50ml ground ginger
10ml bicarbonate of soda
4 cups cake flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the butter, sugar, syrup and ginger together.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the milk and stir into the butter mixture.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Make small balls and place on a baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius