Christmas morning is usually busy with opening gifts and preparing for the lunch celebrations with breakfast being neglected or even forgotten. These scones are a perfect treat for Christmas morning breakfast and are super quick and easy. Serve them with your favourite jam (strawberry for me) and lightly whipped cream.
2 cups self raising flour
1 egg beaten
125ml buttermilk / plain yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and buttermilk / yoghurt to the flour mixture and knife through until just mixed through.
- Place the mixture on a greased baking tray and shape into a square and cut through to make between 12 and 16 scones, depending on what size scones you want.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius