Just in case you are wanting something a little more savoury for Christmas morning breakfast, these Cheese Muffins will definitely do the trick and you they are an absolute cinch to make. If you feel like being a little more adventurous, add some finely chopped spring onions into the mixture or a little fresh thyme.
500ml self raising flour
1ml mustard powder
250ml cheddar cheese finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- Add the cheese and stir through.
- Whisk together the milk and oil and add to the flour mixture until just blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius