I made these super yummy morsels as a lunch time treat and served them with a sweet chilli dipping sauce. They will definitely be making their way back onto the menu and next time around I and thinking of adding fresh herbs, maybe coriander (cilantro) and probably some bacon. Heavenly!
Cheese and Onion Wheels
1 roll puff pasty
1 onion sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with non stick spray or with butter.
- Caramelise the onion in a little butter and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and spread over the cheese.
- Add the onion over the cheese.
- Roll the pastry into a log and cut into twelve sections.
- Place the wheels into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius