Yesterday started like most other mornings with a power cut – they only last 5 or so minutes and then on occasion it will happen again just as soon as I have reset everything and got back on line. Yesterday however, was a bit different! On calling the electricity department I was informed that we would have our power back within a maximum of 3 hours – well those 3 hours lasted the entire day! There was a trickle of power for an hour or so which allowed me to get a couple of emails and the like done. As soon as the power was back, I sat and caught up with my day which lead into the early evening, leaving me little time in the kitchen for our dinner, which is when I came up with the quick, easy and seriously tasty dish. It is amazing how much flavour was produced with so few ingredients.
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
125g mushrooms sliced
3 chicken breasts
Chicken stock powder
5ml maizena (cornstarch)
5ml garlic crushed
Fettuccini pasta cooked according to package instructions
- Fry the mushrooms in a little butter sprinkled with the vegetable spice until tender and set aside.
- Flatten the chicken breasts with the palm of your hand, sprinkle with the stock powder and fry in a little butter until lightly golden on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and slice thinly.
- Pour the cream into the pan you cooked the mushrooms and chicken in and heat.
- Mix the maizena with a little water and stir through the cream to thicken.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and chicken to the cream and heat through.
- Grind black pepper to taste and stir through.
Serve over the pasta.