When Pete and I braai, toasted sandwiches quite often make their way into the mix. Family and friends always seem to look forward to when Braai Sarmies are featured and not wanting to disappoint, we willingly comply and make them. We have on occasion even just braaied sarmies. We also joke that a salad is not required as the salad ingredients are on the sandwich.
10ml mayonnaise per sandwich
10ml chutney per sandwich
Tomato sliced (optional)
Salt & Pepper
Cheddar cheese grated
- Mix the mayonnaise and chutney for the amount of sandwiches you are making.
- Lay your bread out on a work surface and spread the mixture onto half of the slices
- Layer on the onion, tomato if you are using it, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Close the sandwiches and butter the outside of both slices of each sandwich.
- Close in a box or sandwich grid and braai over coals turning often until golden brown.