Last nights supper was sort of a glorified beef stroganoff which I served over pasta. The combination of flavours married so well together which resulted in a super tasty meal that I will definitely be making again. I should probably think of a more appropriate and appealing title though.
125g mushrooms sliced
400g fillet thinly sliced
10ml prepared hot English mustard
20ml port or sherry (I used port)
7.5ml maizena (cornstarch)
Salt and black pepper
Fettuccini pasta cooked according to package instructions
- Fry the mushrooms in a little butter sprinkled with the vegetable spice until tender and set aside.
- Fry the steak in a little olive oil over a high heat for 1 minute and set aside with any pan juices.
- Pour the cream into the pan you cooked the mushrooms and steak in and heat.
- Whisk in the mustard and add the sherry.
- Mix the maizena with a little water and stir through the cream mixture to thicken.
- Add the mushrooms and steak to the cream and heat through.
- Add salt and grind black pepper to taste and stir through.
Serve over the pasta.