Lasagne is one of those comfort foods, which I don’t make often enough and still being in the mood of wanting to make everything into individual portions plus remembering that I originally saw the idea for mini Lasagnes on Can You Stay For Dinner‘s blog, I set to work on making my version of Mini Lasagnes. Using spring roll wrappers instead of pasta, gave these little lasagne’s an extra treat of crispy ears, although the very dark picture does them no justice.
1 medium onion sliced
75g mushrooms sliced
5ml dried origanium
5ml vegetable spice
2 tomatoes roughly chopped
1 small carrot scraped and grated
60ml red wine
30ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
Salt and black pepper to taste
1½ cups milk
Salt and pepper to taste
6 spring roll wrappers each cut into 4 = 24 pieces
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the onion and mushrooms in a little butter until soft.
- Add the mince and fry until browned.
- Add all the other ingredients and allow to cook until reduced and thickened.
- Melt the butter in a small pot and stir in the flour to form a roux.
- Add the milk while stirring continually until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray 8 muffin tins with non stick spray.
- Line the tins with 2 wrappers each.
- Spoon half the mince on top of the wrappers.
- Spoon over half of the white sauce over the mince.
- Place the remaining wrappers on top of the white sauce.
- Spoon the remaining mince on top of the wrappers followed by the remaining white sauce.
- Place the cheese on top of all the lasagnes
- Bake for 20 mintues.
Serve with beetroot salad.