Our friend Terry made us this super tasty meal a while back and he was kind enough to share his recipe with me, thanks Terry. 🙂 I made a slight adjustment here and there and served it with basmati rice and pappadums. It was an absolutely delicious meal which I am sure will be one of those recipes we serve to family and friends for many years to come.
Terry’s Thai Curry with Butternut
15ml vegetable oil
8 -10 chicken thighs
30ml Thai green curry paste
15ml brown sugar
Zest of 1 lime
400ml coconut cream
10ml soy sauce or fish sauce
500g butternut cubed
Juice of 1 lime
Handful coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and brown the chicken then set aside.
- Add the curry paste and sugar to the pan and cook for one minute.
- Add the zest, coconut cream, soy or fish sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the butternut and chicken and cook for 30 to 40 minutes until the butternut is cooked.
- Stir in the lime juice and coriander just before serving.