On occasion I feel the need to try something a little healthier with certain foods and Spring Rolls was next on my list. They turned out equally as enjoyable as the fried version and went down a treat with some Sweet Chilli Sauce. Quantities of the ingredients will depend on the amount being made and not sure that the recipe was going to be a success, I only made 6.
Baked Spring Rolls
2 cups red and green cabbage finely sliced
1 small carrot grated
1 small onion finely sliced
6 spring roll wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Stir fry the cabbage, carrot and onion and salt until tender but still crunchy.
- Place one wrapper onto a work surface in a diamond shape.
- Place a 6th of the cabbage mixture onto the bottom quarter of the wrapper and put bean sprouts on top of the mixture.
- Fold up the bottom corner of the wrapper over the mixture and then fold the left and right sides into the centre and roll up leaving the top quarter of the wrapper still on the work surface.
- Wet the two sides of the wrapper with a little water before rolling over the rest of the spring roll.
- Repeat until all the spring rolls are made.
- Bake for 15 minutes.