A friend of mine was asking for a Roti Recipe after visiting the island and enjoying a few for lunch from our local vendor so I thought I would repost my recipe from last year May. Enjoy Remo. 🙂
Aah, if it wasn’t enough for my husband to introduce me to Dhalpouris, he had to introduce me to Rotis, which are equally as nice on the yummy scale and also now form part of my weekly lunch menu. I often have to toss up between what I am going to have and succumb to having one of each.
3 cups flour
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp salt
1½ cups water
- Place all the ingredients (except the butter) in a mixing bowl and mix until soft.
- Knead the dough until smooth and add flour if sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 to 14 balls. Keep them covered with a towel until you fry them.
- Roll the dough until it is approximately 20 cm in diameter.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot and fry for 5 seconds then turn it. Put butter on the fried side and after 10 seconds turn it over again and put butter on the other side.
- Wait another 10 seconds before turning the roti once more.