With the cold weather that seems to be setting in all everywhere, I thought it would be nice to share some comforting soup recipes. Chicken and Corn Soup is a family favourite and this recipe is super easy to whip up.
Chicken and Corn Soup
1 medium onion finely chopped
5ml garlic crushed
5ml ginger crushed
4 chicken breasts finely sliced
2.5 litres chicken stock
2 (410g) tins sweetcorn
30ml fresh coriander chopped
- Heat the butter in a large pot and add the onion and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chicken breasts and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the Sweetcorn and bring the soup back to the boil.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the soup, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander.