Tandy’s challenge for this week is to cook something savoury using cabbage. I really wish Woolies was down the road so I could pick up some baby cabbages but alas, I will have to wait a little longer. In the meanwhile, I bought half a cabbage at Super U and my idea for petit chou tarts turned out beautifully soft, full of flavour and the individual portions made for a lovely lunch.
Cabbage, Onion and Mushroom Tarts
1 large onion peeled and sliced
125g button mushrooms sliced
3 cups finely sliced cabbage
½ 60g packet white onion soup powder
250ml cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fry the onion and mushrooms in a little butter until tender.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry until tender and set aside.
- Combine all of the egg custard ingredients in a shaker.
- Divide the cabbage mixture into 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Pour the egg custard over the mixture and top with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.