Nina over at My Easy Cooking has been on a quest since her son developed a craving for Chocolate Brownies and had been through many iterations of different recipes until she perfected this one. Sadly I did not have any nuts on hand so mine were standard Brownies . They could have come out of the oven a few minutes sooner and were more of a cakey consistency than Brownie consistency.
From My Easy Cooking
2/3 cups (170ml) sugar
¾ cup (190ml) butter melted
2 tbps (30ml) water
2 extra large eggs
2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups (330ml) flour
¾ cup (190ml) good quality cocoa
½ tsp (2.5ml) baking powder
¼ tsp (1.25ml) salt
¾ (190ml) cup slivered almonds (I omitted these)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spray a 20×20 cm pan with non stick spray.
- Mix the sugar, melted butter and water in large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and blend in.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and stir into the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth the mixture out.
- If using, sprinkle the almonds over the top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.