Not that I need another chocolate cake recipe in my arsenal BUT I just had to try the recipe which I found on the back of a Nestle cocoa wrapper and naturally turned them into cupcakes. They were light, soft and spongy. I was undecided on how to dress these airy treats – icing, glaze, caramel, whipped cream, jam, crunchy peanut butter, then I thought about a light dusting of icing sugar served with a scoop of ice cream would make a nice dessert. Turns out our ate them undressed.
Nestle Cocoa Cupcakes
125ml hot water
10 ml baking powder
3 eggs seperated
5ml vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the cocoa with the water and allow to cool.
- Sift the flour baking powder and salt together.
- Combine the egg yolks, oil, sugar, vanilla essence and cocoa mixture
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix though.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold gently into the cocoa mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases.
- Bakes for 12 to 15 minutes.
To Microwave – I did not try this metod
- Pour the mixture into a 21cm plastic ring mould.
- Microwave on medium high heat for 10 to 12 minutes.