Onions rings are a great addition to a steak dinner and these never fail and are always crispy. If you are a teetotaller, you can replace the beer with ice-cold soda water or sparkling spring water.
Crispy Onion Rings
1 egg white
3 large onions
Oil for deep frying
- Peel and cut the onions into 1 cm thick rings.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the beer and stir through.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Dip the onion rings into the batter and fry in oil until golden brown.