Today marks the start of our last weekend on the island – I hope the weather plays along so that we can enjoy a bit of time at the beach before we start our journey home to a cold winter next Tuesday. We are lucky to have friends who are graciously filling our last evenings with farewell dinners and we will be taking full advantage of being able to eat al fresco. These asparagus sticks make for a nice snack for with pre dinner drinks and are super easy to make and are lovely served with a mayonnaise for dipping.
1 packet ham
Mayonnaise for spreading
1 packet fresh asparagus
1 roll phyllo pastry defrosted
60ml melted butter
Ground sea salt and black pepper
Mayonnaise for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Spread the slices of ham with mayonnaise and wrap an asparagus spear in each slice of ham.
- Cut the sheet of pastry into strips a little longer than the asparagus spears.
- Wrap the spear individually in the pastry strips.
- Brush each with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.