This recipe will certainly impress your dinner guests. Individual servings of this taste-explosion is ideal as a starter served on a bed of rocket leaves with melba toast on the side. Quite frankly, I would be happy with this as a lunch main too. You can prepare this ahead of time and have it all ready to be placed on the table, leaving you more time with your guests. 🙂
Pâté in Parma Ham
1 large onion peeled and chopped
375g chicken livers
5ml fresh thyme
30ml lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
2 packs Parma ham
1 packet rocket
Sesame melba toast
- Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the chicken livers and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice, brandy and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Grease 6 to 8 muffin tins and line each one with strips of Parma ham.
- Spoon the pâté into the ham and fold back the ham to cover the pâté.
- Refrigerate until firm and ready to serve.